Wednesday 16 October 2013

Crazy Finnish People (part 1)

As you can tell from the title, my latest vlog is about the craziness that is Finnish people. :) Now I wrote part 1 because I imagine I'll do another vlog of similar nature later- but it wont be for a little bit.

Fun background facts about this video, Albert was actually in the same room with me! This may not sound like a big deal but I am ridiculously shy, even around the people I'm most comfortable with. I will admit that he had earphones in with the volume way way  up, haha- but still, I think this is a step in the right direction. I think his prescence did make me alittle bit extra awkward, and his sighs and sniffles can occasionally be heard, but overal it felt much better than sending him out of the house.

Anyways enjoy the video, and go to the actual youtube page if you wanna see the original news stories that I talk about :)

2 comments:

  1. FYI, not returning to prison after your holiday (or going back late)- is not illegal. Does that make any sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea behind letting people leave prison for short periods is to help them integrate back into society, to make sure all their ties to their lives outside aren't cut off, or to let them attend an important event (e.g. a relative's funeral or entrance exams for school, interview for work). There are restrictions and preconditions that apply and breaking them carry consequences, according to a study about 5% of people break the conditions of their leave: http://www.haaste.om.fi/fi/index/lehtiarkisto/haaste22010/poistumislupajarjestelmatoimiimelkohyvin.html

    ReplyDelete