Thursday 20 June 2013

Rainy day post

I have become the most sporadic blogger! It's really difficult because I actually get these urges to write a blog post, but then somehow the words just don't flow, or I really have nothing to say!... or usually it's because I don't have any photos, and blog posts without photos are boring.

The weather here was really nice for a few weeks, but since then things have unfortunately cooled down and gotten a lot wetter. I've been completely obsessed with checking the weather report these past few days though, to make sure that Midsummer is sunny, and so far things are looking good! Maybe I'll take my camera with me tomorrow to get some shots at the park/beach that I can share here. But honestly our plans for midsummer are pretty up in the air and unplanned, but I guess if there's sunshine, I should get some nice shots.

So like I've said it's just been raining, so I've been doing a lot of reading, and working on a puzzle! It's a puzzle my sister got me for Christmas, of our dog Bruno. When she gave it to me I started crying, I miss my Bruno sooooo much! But I do have to say, this puzzle is ridiculously hard! I'm not looking at the picture while I make it, but honestly at this point the picture wouldn't even help because all the pieces look the same! Haha, I'll post a pic of the completed puzzle if/when I finish it :)

Oh and I just finished this book Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley, it was really excellent! It tells the 'King Arthur' tale from the perspective of the women. Usually in other versions the women are very much secondary characters and quite one-sided, but in this telling you get to see them in a new multifaceted way that adds a lot of depth to the story.
I'm hoping that I can keep up with my reading, usually Summer is my season to get most of my reading done, and I set a little goal for myself to read 5 books this year, so I gotta get cracking!.. or reading.

Oh and I almost forgot, I got a job! Or well a work-placement position but still, super exciting! I start in August and I'm really nervous, but really looking forward to it as well. It's going to be weird working everyday from 9 to 4, but somehow I think that I do well with a consistent schedule. :)

Ok, well this was basically just an update to satisfy my craving to blog... I'm not sure if I feel satisfied yet. Maybe when I hit publish,... but really I think it's the lack of pictures that is bothering me... and the lack of substantial content. I'll try to do better next time!

Have a nice Thursday :) Hope it's not raining where ever you are, and if it is, just grab a nice cup of coffee and a good book.


No comments:

Post a Comment