Wednesday 13 February 2013

Oven Roasted Tomato Soup

So I'm not trying to turn my blog into a food blog, but yesterday I made such a yummy soup for lunch that I felt I should share :) I hardly ever make soup, but I decided to give it a go, and it made the perfect winter time lunch, and it wasn't even very difficult.

Ingredients (about 2-3 servings) :
Tomatos (I used 5) cut into 8 pieces
2 cloves garlic, halved
1 onion, diced
300-500ml of vegetable broth
Fresh basil to taste
Rosemary
Olive Oil
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 200 C

So just very quickly, you place the tomatoes skin down on a sheet of baking paper on an oven pan. Then you scatter the garlic, onion and basil around the tomatoes, sprinkle with some olive oil and salt and pepper. Place the pan into the oven for 35 minutes.



After the tomatoes are done cooking, pour them, and the juices around them into a pot, add the vegetable broth, a twig of rosemary and some more basil and allow them to simmer for 20 minutes.



After 20 minutes remove the rosemary, and blend the soup.

We had ours with some shredded mozzarella and garlic bread- but I think any kind of cream cheese/marsapone would taste great too. The original recipe I used as a reference used thyme and bay leaves instead of basil and rosemary, so don't worry about the exact spices, just use what you like and enjoy the lovely tastes and smells! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment