Monday 11 February 2013

Fresh Salsa!

Happy Monday Everyone!

So recently I've become very into cooking and healthy eating again. This was partly kicked off by the New Year (I think a lot of people feel motivated to eat better at the start of a New Year) and also by my discovery of this super cool cooking blog Eat Yourself Skinny. The recipes are so great, not just because they tend to be very healthy, but also because they don't require too many ingredients, and therefore don't hurt my wallet too bad ;)

I'll post more about recipes inspired by Eat Yourself Skinny another day, but today I thought I'd share this recipe I used to make some fresh salsa! Fresh salsa has always been one of my favorite things at Tex-Mex/South American restaurants, but for some reason I've usually just had plain tomatoes in my own fajitas. Not today!

Ingredients:

2 tomatoes, diced
1 small red onion, diced
2 chilies, seeds removed and diced (I used 1 red, and 1 green + a few seeds for some spice!)
1 lime, juice
cilantro (lots!)
sprinkle of salt and pepper


Listening to some Manu Chao is also recommended



Just combine everything in a bowl, let it sit for a few hours (so the flavors blend) and then enjoy. We ate ours in some chicken fajitas. So delicious!

The finished product! Gorgeous colour, and full of flavour <3



No comments:

Post a Comment